Over the last year, I became increasingly interested in taking a more natural approach to my hair care and the benefits of incorporating more natural and ayurvedic herbs into my hair care practices. Aside from being it being easier on my wallet, I think there’s a huge benefit in controlling what goes on my hair and my scalp. Women have been growing and caring for their tresses with natural herbs for centuries, and two amazing herbs for hair growth and scalp health are bhringraj and burdock root. Let’s dig into their benefits.
Benefits of Bhringraj
Known as eclipta alba, bhringaraj is an Ayurvedic herb found in India and is among the creme de la creme of beneficial herbs for hair growth and scalp health.
- Strengthens roots.
- Improves circulation to the scalp.
- Promotes hair growth by revitalizing hair follicles.
- Prevents premature graying.
- Anti-fungal and antibacterial properties help relieve and combat dandruff.
Benefits of burdock root
Native to northern Asia and Europe, burdock root has long been used as a healing herb. Burdock roots removes toxins from the bloodstream and supports our immune systems, liver, kidneys, and lymphatic system. When applied to the scalp, burdock root helps promote hair growth and nourishes the scalp.
- Promotes hair growth by increasing circulation to the scalp.
- Inhibits bacterial growth due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Reduces shedding and hair fall.
- Relieves itchy scalp.
- Rich in vitamin A, essential fatty acids, and amino acids.