This is normally the time (well I’m actually a bit late) I’d post a review of last month’s goals and jot down my goals for the current month but I can sum up December’s goals in a few words: December was a bust. *hangs head in shame while I say to self: self, you can do better* Alright with that über motivational pep talk behind us, let’s discuss this year’s goal-setting agenda.
This year I think I’m going to switch to keeping quarterly goals for just two reasons. One, keeping quarterly goals will challenge me to remain consistent for a longer period of time. I think it’ll be a welcome challenge. Two, it’s easier to see significant improvement/progress after three months instead of one month.
My first quarter goals are:
- Seal with my ceramide-packed butter.
- Maintain the health of my ends.
- Continuing babying my nape.
- Stretch my relaxer to 39 weeks (end of March).
- Use up at least 3 products.
- Drink 1-2 liters of water a day.
- Reduce shampooing to twice a month (the other 2 weeks will I’ll be using a co-wash conditioner instead of shampoo).
- Workout a minimum 3 times a week.
- Flexi rod or curlformer set.
Targeted areas for improvement:
- My nape (even though my 6 month nape challenge wraps up this month) I’m not going to simply abandon my nape. I still plan on babying it. I want to see it the healthiest it’s ever been this year.
- My ends.
- Growth + retention. I do not plan on cutting (except to very lightly dust my ends for any splits) my hair this quarter so I’m plan on retaining every inch I grow (hopefully 1.5 inches, maybe a little more if I’m lucky!).
Should this turn into a JGA-hosted challenge?
Many of you have requested a JGA-hosted challenge. I’m game but I’m not sure what challenge(s) to host. I’d love to hear your suggestions! In the meantime there are also many challenges going on in the JGA forum, feel free to join us there!