(1) Pre-pooed with Hair Trigger on my scalp and wheat germ oil on the length of my hair. Wheat germ oil is a new addition to my gang of ceramide oils. It’s thicker than grapeseed, safflower, much thicker than hemp oil and it’s also on the funky side. I will NOT be using wheat germ oil to seal my moisturizers in. I’ll be sticking to grapeseed oil for that. It did feel nice on my hair though, very silky. It made removal of shed hairs an easier task.
(2) Shampooed with Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo.
(3) Tea rinsed with a mix of marshmallow root, peppermint, green tea, lavender, burdock root.
(4) Deep conditioned with Hairitage Hydration Pink Grapefruit Punch Conditioner. Ingredents: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol,
Stearalkonium Chloride, Shea Butter, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil,
Glycerin, Mallow Extract. Fragrance.
I’ve deep conditioning with this conditioner twice this week (mid-week and this wash day) and my hair is loving it. I was surprised by how well this conditioner sunk right into my hair. My hair is actually saturated with conditioner in the pictures below… see what I mean about sinking right in? This condish also softened my hair right up, especially my new growth and texlaxed hair, and provided a nice amount of slip. I wonder if I could use a little as a leave-in next wash day, hmmm…
(5) Applied Kanechom Ceramidas for 5 minutes before rinsing.
(6) Wrapped my hair with a cotton t-shirt for 45 minutes. After taking the t-shirt down, my hair felt soft and fluffy; very well conditioned. Here is my 14 weeks worth of new growth before detangling. I know my hair has grown from stretching it on my body but for the live of me, I STILL can’t tell the difference between my new growth and my texlaxed hair. If you can, let’s trade glasses haha.
|Four readers asked last week if I color my hair… nope I don’t.|
(7) I lightly sprayed my hair with CHI Keratin Mist, applied Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk, and sealed it all with KeraPRO Anti-Frizz Elixir. Then I sat down to detangle my hair with my Hercules Sagemann 5580.
(8) Once my hair was fully detangled, I applied a little EcoStyler Gel to my edges and gently brushed it in with a wet, soft bristle brush, and finished air drying my hair in a loose bun.
Overall, it was a no muss no fuss wash day, my fave! I haven’t had any issues with tangling, breakage, or shedding… I hope I didn’t just jinx myself!!!! I don’t know when or if I’ll be ending my stretch for two reasons: (1) I can’t tell the difference between my new growth and texlaxed hair so to prevent relaxer overlap it wouldn’t be prudent to relax if I can’t really tell where to stop relaxer application and (2) I’m still considering transitioning to natural to support my mother.
After 2 years I think I’ve had enough of my bone straight ends and I think I’ll be doing a significant cut at the end of the year. I haven’t had a significant cut since December, 2010. I dunno how much I plan to cut yet, but come this December something has got to give.