(1) Pre-pooed over night with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. Remember when I couldn’t find my new growth a couple weeks ago? Well I still can’t tell the difference between new growth and texlaxed hair but boy can I feel it. Guess my eyes are playing tricks on me. Who knows. I opted to pre-poo with Kenra MC because I cringed at the thought of handling my new growth without some type of assistance.
(2) Shampooed with Organix Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo.
(3) Tea rinsed with mix of rooibos tea and green tea. I let the tea steep overnight and rinsed a total of three times using my pour/catch method, pictured here.
(4) Deep conditioned, with steam, using Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream. When my steamer dies (and I hope no time soon!) I think I’m going to invest in a standing streamer instead of purchasing another tabletop steamer. I love my steamer but I hate piling books under it to get it to a comfortable height, and switching around to reach my nape. The full review of my Secura Steamer is posted here.
(5) Applied Kancechom Ceramidas (KC) to my hair for 5 minutes, then rinsed. I’ve been trying out different methods of using KC and this is the second time (the first being after cowashing) using KC for a few minutes as my final conditioning step. Deep conditioning with VSCMD helped soften out some tangles and using KC helped smooth my new growth.
(6) Wrapped my hair with a cotton t-shirt for 45 minutes.
(7) After t-shirt drying, sprayed my hair the CHI Keratin Mist for some strength, applied Pura Body Naturals Murumura Hair Milk, and sealed it all in with KeraPRO Anti-Frizz Serum. Then I sat down to detangle my hair. After detangling a section, I braided it until I had 16 braids.
Side note: I was Skyping with my grandma while I braided my hair and she suggested I wear these braids in a ponytail the next day. I couldn’t even put words together to respond, I just stared at her – my face looked like this O_o – until she burst out laughing at me. She knew how absurd her suggestion was haha. Do y’all see my roots?! Wearing these babies in a ponytail would not be a good look. No way, granny. No way.
After braiding my hair, I set the braids on a couple flexi rods to finish up my wash day.
When I first took out the braids and pulled one side and pinned it back… I wasn’t a fan. It didn’t help that I woke up late, had to rush through taking out the braids and fluffing/separating my hair, while dashing around trying to gather my things before I had to leave. I felt like I was caught in a tazmanian devil tornado.
Two minutes before leaving I dashed back into the bathroom and grabbed a Goody Ouchless clip, pinned my hair and then fluffed/separated a bit more. I was finally content.
I don’t do braid outs often but I really like this one. Also, my new growth is stretched really well and my hair is so soft. I’m happy I took up A. Rice’s suggestion (thank you!) and purchased the Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk.