(1) Pre-pooed with grapeseed oil on the length of my hair and Hair Trigger on my scalp.
(2) Shampooed with Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo to clarify/chelate my hair, removing any build up of product, oil, and minerals.
(3) Tea rinsed using a mix of green tea and peppermint tea. A visual of how I tea rinse can be found here. I poured the tea over my hair for 3 times and left it in until it stopped dripping from my hair. Then I rinsed my hair with water.
(4) Applied Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment for about 5 minutes, then rinsed.
(5) After squeezing all excess water from my hair with a cotton towel and wrapping my hair with the towel for about 10 minutes (I never apply conditioner to soaking wet hair) I applied Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream (you can check out my review here) to my hair and sat under my steamer for 20 minutes.
(6) After rinsing out the deep conditioner I sprayed my hair the ACV/water mix and then wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for about 30 minutes.
(7) After removing the t-shirt and letting my hair dry until about 70% dry, I applied my leave ins, CHI Keratin Leave-In Conditioner and KeraPRO Restorative Anti-Frizz Elixir, and detangled my hair. Video of how I detangle can be found here.
(8) Applied aloe vera gel to my edges, dampened my soft bristle brush and gently brushed my edges to distribute the gel.
(9) Tied my edges down with a silk scarf and let my hair air dry, bunning it for the night.
Now, the plan was to actually do a flexi rod set but I couldn’t find my flexi rods anywhere. A whole bag of flexi rods just poof, disappeared. I tried something new while detangling my hair this wash. After detangling each section, I pinned my hair down using the croc clips pictured above. By pinning them down while still damp, I was able to keep the thicker texlaxed portions and new growth stretched while I detangled the rest of my hair. What normally happens is that by the time my hair has been fully detangled, it has already dried a substantial amount, and poofed up at the roots. I had less volume this time around by pinning the hair down as I went. I started my wash day very late so by the time I finished detangled and tied down my hair it was so late and a very tired me forgot to snap pictures of the final results.
This was also the second wash I’ve used CHI Keratin Leave-In Conditioner and I like it so far. Last week I noticed a decrease in breakage during the week… which is always a good thing.
7 weeks to go in my stretch and I guess because I stretched past 12 weeks during my last stretch, 7 weeks doesn’t seem like a big deal. Deep conditioning twice a week and low manipulation styles will get me through the next 7 weeks.
How was your most recent wash day?