(1) Pre-pooed overnight with coconut oil.
(2) Shampooed with Silk Dreams Hair Care Go Moist Shampoo.
(3) Coffee rinse.
(4) Applied Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment for 5 minutes then rinsed.
(5) Wrapped my hair in a towel for 15 minutes to soak up the water from my hair. Deep conditioned with my steamer using Silk Dreams’ Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream conditioner.
(6) Wrapped my hair in a towel for about 30 minutes. When my hair was about 70% dry, I applied my leave ins: Darcy’s Botanicals Daily Leave-In and KeraPRO Anti-Frizz Serum.
(7) After detangling, I applied aloe vera gel to my edges, tied my edges with a silk scarf and let my hair air dry.
The next day, I went with a simple bun. I recorded how I detangled my hair – it’ll be up tomorrow. I’m currently 10 weeks post and normally I would have relaxed my hair this week but I’ve realized that because I mentally committed to extending my stretch weeks ago, when week 10 rolled around it didn’t feel like week 10… if that makes sense.
My new growth has created a sort of pillow on my head. In the pictures above, I was able to push in the hair at the top of my a good half inch before I hit my scalp. My boyfriend teases me by saying my hair makes my big head even bigger… such a loving man lol. I always deny it but when I have to push in just to feel my scalp, it seems he has a point. And when he read this I’m going to deny I ever meant what I just wrote.
For the week, moisture and low manipulation will be my best friends until my next wash. I’m hoping to stretch until my birthday in mid-September. Yikes.