Let me first explain the title. Years ago, when my hair was grazing shoulder length, I blow-dried it and it stuck up every which way. When my hair doesn’t have many products in it, it looks browner than normal. Well I sent my boyfriend a picture of my blow dried hair and his first reaction was I look like a lion cub and called me “simba.” Today, I showed him my air dried hair and how puffy it dried and asked him if it looked familiar… I even said “rawr!” to jog his memory. His reaction: “simba!” Lol 🙂
On to the good stuff…
(1) In hopes of using up products that are just languishing away in my stash, I pre-pooed with a mix of hemp seed oil, generic version of Nexxus Humectress, and Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat. I wasn’t expecting much from this pre-poo but when I rinsed it out, my hair felt smooth and moisturized (win!). I ended up using the last of my generic Nexxus Humectress so I can’t duplicate the results until I repurchase… if I repurchase. I applied the mix from root to tip, covered with plastic cap, and then wrapped my head with my Turbie Twist for an hour.
(2) I shampooed with Paul Mitchell Super Strong Shampoo in my usual four sections, holding the ends as I massaged my scalp to decrease tangles.
(3) Did a black tea rinse. I shed more during the warmer months and a comment left on the blog last week reminded me I should probably break out the black tea so I went ahead and did it today. I poured the black tea over my hair, left it in for a few minutes, then rinsed with water. I will not be doing black tea rinses frequently because over time, black tea darkens hair but maybe once a month during spring/summer.
(4) Applied Roux Porosity Control for 2 minutes.
(5) Deep conditioned with KeraPRO Restorative Treatment for 1 hour under my Gold N’ Hot electric heating cap. Deep conditioning session are prime nap opportunities so I snoozed away while the condish worked its mojo on my hair.
(6) After I rinsed out the conditioner, I sprayed my hair with mix of apple-cider vinegar and water, left on for a few minutes, then rinsed with cool water to wrap things up.
Using a t-shirt, I squeezed the excess water out of my hair then sprayed ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea and let my hair air dry for a while. Once it was about 50% dry, I applied Darcy’s Botanicals Daily Leave-In followed by Giovanni Frizz Be Gone serum and then detangled. Detangling was a breeze and shed very little. Yay for black tea rinses!!
Out of laziness, I didn’t tie down my hair with my silk scarf as it dried so it dried bigger and not as sleek as it usually does. Oh well! Once my hair was 90% dry I tied a scarf around the front and put the rest up in a loose bun.
Successful wash over all. My hair isn’t as sleek as it normally is after air drying but since I plan on bunning during the week, it doesn’t phase me. I’ll be using hemp seed oil and cross wrapping during the week so it’ll eventually smooth out. Because I’ve been roller setting for the past few weeks, I forgot how simple and quick my wash days are when I air dry. I’ve missed it! I won’t be setting my hair for the rest of March. One of the rules for EbonyCPrincess’ 6 Month Roller Setting Challenge is 1 rollerset per month so I’ll probably set my hair towards the end of April.
Have a great weekend everyone!