Just a few quick response to ACG’s comments posted on my original post on black tea rinses – I thought posting a response here would be helpful:
[blockquote align=”none” author=””]What order do you apply it in; pre-poo, poo, tea, roux, deep condish, PM Skinny treatment, etc? Or do you skip some of those steps? Also, how long do you leave it in? [/blockquote]
- Pre-poo with oil as usual.
- Pour the black tea over my hair and leave it in for 5 minutes.
- Rinse my hair with water.
- Apply PM Skinny Treatment
- Roux Porosity Control for 30 seconds
- Deep condition for an hour.
I keep my regimen the same. I definitely do not what to skip deep conditioning because my hair reacts to black tea as though it were a protein treatment (hardens a bit).
[blockquote align=”none” author=””]Q: Has the black tea rinse darkened your hair?[/blockquote]
I try not to use it back to back too often so as not to have it darken my hair, so far, I haven’t noticed any darkening.