I’m now in the fourth month of my 6 month nape challenge. My original goal for this personal challenge was to prevent further breakage at my nape, and far so good.
What’s been working for the last 30 days:
- Moisturizing my nape with Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk and sealing with Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum.
- Detangling my nape in 3 sections instead of the normal two I’ve used for the last 2 years. I think detangling in halves contributed to a shorter sections in the center of my nape.
- Handling my new growth only after I’ve just moisturized it or after applying conditioner. The new growth at my name is my most coil-y texture. Trying to detangling or even part my nape without first getting some moisture to it is. a. bad. idea.
- Dusting the ends of my nape. For some reason, the hair at my nape is the only part of my hair that gets slit ends. I just don’t get it.
- Detangling with the marshmallow root detangling spray I recently made.
- I’ve also stopped going buns every day because the hair ties were putting too much strain on the hair at the very bottom of my nape. I’ve switched to alternate bunning with clipping my hair up with a claw clip, changing the position of the clip in order to avoid causing breakage in one location.
Even though I’ve been able to stop further breakage, I still have lots of trimming to do before I can get my nape where I want it to be. That’s just a matter of being patient and trimming over time.