(1) Pre-pooed with Hair Trigger on my scalp and Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque on the length of my hair. After applying both the oil to my scalp, and SM Masque to my hair, I sat under my steamer for 15 minutes. This wash was my first time using the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment
Masque and I don’t really have any thoughts about it. No thoughts on a product? I think that’s a first for me haha. I just could not determine what impact it had on my hair. As you can see, it just sat on top of my strands. After rinsing it out my hair didn’t feel any different than before. Weird.
(2) Shampooed with Redken Hair Cleansing Creme Shampoo. It’s been I think about 4 weeks since I shampooed with a clarifying shampoo so I grabbed my trusty Redken HCC Shampoo for this wash to remove any product build up and minerals (I live in area with moderate hard water) from my hair. For more on hard water and clarifying/chelating, check out these posts: Clarifying & Chelating | Dealing with Hard Water | Using Baking Soda to Clarify Your Hair | Shampoo 101: Clarifying Shampoos
(3) Tea rinsed with mix of lavender, fenugreek, chamomile, green tea, and sage. I used a new tea mix for this wash and I liked it. It helped with shedding and did not stiffen my hair a bit. Can’t say I liked the smell or taste of tea mix though (note to self: do not open your mouth when pouring tea over your head lol).
Before rinsing with this tea mix, I used a strainer to catch the loose tea leaf material.
(4) Applied Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment to my hair for a few minutes, then rinsed.
(5) Deep conditioned with Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream under my heating cap for an hour.
(6) After rinsing out the deep conditioner, I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for an hour.
(7) Applied CHI Keratin Leave-In Conditioner and Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and detangled my hair. I shampooed my hair in 8 sections this wash and it helped reduce tangles so that detangling was a bit easier. I think it took me 40 minutes to fully detangle, which I think is great at 10 weeks post.
(8) Applied aloe vera gel to my edges, gently brushed it in with a wet brush, tied my edges down and let my hair air dry. Per the norm, I ended by loosely bunning my hair as it air dried. I don’t use hair ties or pins, just loosely twist and tuck the ends into the bun to avoid creases or bends that hair ties or clips cause.
Just another regular wash day. My hair dried smooth and fluffy so I’m a happy camper.
How was your most recent wash day?