|After pre-poo. Still have have product
in my hair.
- Pre-pooed with Hair Trigger on my scalp and Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment on my hair under my heating cap for 1 hour. I love how this stuff makes my hair feel. It sinks right into my hair and leaves it so moisturized. I opted to use a moisturizing conditioner for my pre-poo this week because I flat ironed my hair last and it was time to really infuse moisture back into my strands. To the right is a picture of my hair after pre-pooing, still with product in my hair.
- Shampooed with Mizani Supreme Oil Sulfate Free Moisturizing Shampoo. This was my first time using this shampoo.
- Applied Paul Mitchell Super Daily Skinny Treatment for 5 minutes then rinsed. I finally finished all the Redken Smooth Lock Butter Silk I had, won’t be purchasing it. I’m going back to Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment.
- Used a t-shirt to soak up all the excess water. At this point my hair felt awesome. Very soft, smooth, and fluffy. I honestly felt like I didn’t need to deep condition but I still did out of habit.
- Deep conditioned with KeraPRO Restorative Treatment under my streamer for 30 minutes.
- Applied leave in conditioner (Darcy’s Botanicals Daily Leave In), then serum (Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum), and detangled with my HS5580 seamless comb.
- Roller set my hair on 1 3/4 inch and 2 inch rollers then sat under the dryer for a grueling 2.5 hours.
Here are the results after finger combing the curls out. I get a few emails from readers who are skeptical about my lack of a comb during the week but it’s true haha. Finger combing gets the job done.
At the beginning of the year I started flat ironing my roots and texlaxed hair to blend with my straighter relaxed hair but I didn’t have to do that today at all. When setting my hair I made sure my hair was as taut as possible when I rolled it onto the roller so it dried as straight as possible. Yay for no use of direct heat!
I’m super happy with the small amount of hair I lost while detangling and roller setting. The ingredients were the primary reason I purchased a bottle — it contains black tea, garlic, and onion which help reduce shedding and hair fall — and so far, they haven’t let me down. I haven’t taken garlic supplements for months but using Hair Trigger on wash days and during the week is doing a great job in reducing my shedding. The picture to the right is the total amount of hair from detangling and roller setting. The pin is included for size reference. In the shower I lost 10 strands. Yes I know the exact number because I grab the strands and stick them to my wall to prevent my shower from clogging, lol.
Have a great weekend!
P.S. Clarissa N. and DeBorah – please, please email me back so I can get your Sprushs to you. I’ll have to choose alternate winners if I haven’t heard back from you by 10/25/12 🙁 Please email me!