(1) Applied Mizani Supreme Oil Ultra-Light Moisturizing Conditioner (first time use) to my hair, root to tip, Hair Trigger on my scalp and steamed using the Secura S-192 Hair and Facial Steamer for 30 minutes. In you missed it, here’s the link to the unboxing and set-up. In hindsight, I should have pre-pooed under my steamer with a conditioner I’ve used before to get a better sense of how steaming compares to using my heat cap. I’ll do that next time.
(2) Shampooed with Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Shampoo.
(3) Protein treatment (because I might be relaxing next week) with Paul Mitchell Super Strong Treatment for 3 minutes.
(4) Applied Redken Smooth Lock Butter Silk for 15 minutes to help smooth and loosen tangles. Once I’m finished with the tube I have, I doubt I’ll repurchase.
(5) Applied Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream to my hair and steamed for 30 minutes. I really have to be careful when applying this conditioner because it just soaks into my hair. It’s just so easy to apply, apply, apply, more product thinking I have nothing in my hair. My hair was so soft after I rinsed out the DC. Moist and fluffy, steaming vs. my heating cap, steaming for the win! I’ll use the steamer at least 2 more times before writing an “official” review on it. I promise I’ll be as thorough as I can.
(6) Used a t-shirt to soak up the excess water. Then applied my leave ins: Darcy’s Botanicals Daily Leave-In Conditioner and Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum to my hair in four sections and detangled. To detangle, I split each of the four sections and beginning at my ends, I slowly detangled with my Hercules Sagemann HS5580 seamless comb.
(7) Once my hair was completely detangled, I tied my edges down with my silk scarf and let my hair air dry.
(8) Once my hair was completely dry, I moisturized with Darcy’s Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme and sealed with grapeseed oil, applied a little Let’s Jam Gel to my edges, and cross wrapped my hair. Gasp! I used gel! Haha. I had a gift card to Walgreens so I bought a jar of Let’s Jam (regular hold) to test out on my edges because I’ve given up on Organic Root Stimulator Edge Control. That stuff is just too darn thick. I don’t use a brush so a thick holding product was just a pain in the butt to spread.
|Second picture: lifted up my hair and let it fall… included it in the post just because!|
I might be relaxing next week, which is why I did a protein treatment this wash but I haven’t committed to it so my next touch up day is pretty much still up in the air.
That’s all! A pretty boring wash day.