What’s been working:
- Detangling well on my wash days and disturbing my new growth as little as possible during the week to prevent forming new tangles.
- Pre-pooing with conditioner prior to washing to soften up my new growth and make it more manageable.
- Moisturizing with a water-based moisturizer and applying an oil-based moisturizer on top. It weighs my hair down but my hair stayed moisturized for hours.
- Keeping my edges smooth. They’re smooth for a few hours then they spring up, all frizzy and defiant.
- Finding an easier solution to moisturizing my new growth. My normal method is moisturizer to my new growth shown [here] but I’d love try a spray on moisturizer/leave-in to further simplify the process.
- Long strand breakage . . . my biggest issue right now. My hair looks as though it’s thinning out as a result. Need to stop this breakage a.s.a.p.
Things to work on:
- Alternating the location of my bun to prevent breakage. I’ve really become lazy when it comes to my hair and I’ve noticed I place my bun at the same spot days in a row.
- Avoiding the boring bun look.