(1) I pre-parted/sectioned my hair, based my scalp with vaseline, and coated my previously relaxed hair with CHI Silk Infusion, Roux Porosity Control, and conditioner. Today I used Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer.
(2) I self-relaxed using the half and half method. Here’s the link to the video of how I self relax my hair
(3) I relaxed the back half first, applied ApHogee 2 Min for five minutes, rinsed, then neutralized. I shampooed with the ORS neutralizing shampoo once, then left it on for 5 minutes, then shampooed another two times. Better safe than sorry when it comes to properly neutralizing a relaxer!
(4) Then I relaxed the front half, did the mid-protein step again, and neutralized.
For my relaxer, I used ORS Relaxer, lye formula, normal strength. I texlax my hair now (purposely under-processing my hair to retain more texture) but I don’t add anything to the relaxer to slow down the processing time. Right out of the jar it’s mild enough not to fully process my hair. I forgot to take texture shots this relaxer but it came out great – even and full of waves. Application and smoothing took 13 minutes for each half.
(5) After neutralizing the front half, I did a final shampoo with PM Super Skinny Shampoo, applied Roux PC for a few minutes, then deep conditioned with KeraPRO Restorative Treatment.
Now, I had originally planned to roller set but my heart just wasn’t into it. I’ve learned that when I’m not into roller setting and don’t have the patience it requires, it’s a bad idea, so I blow dried and flat ironed instead. Today is the first day I’ve flat ironed the length of my hair this year and it’s probably going to the last for the year. It just takes way too much time!
For my leaves in, I used CHI Keratin Mist, Darcy’s Botanicals Daily Conditioning Leave In and PM Super Skinny Serum. I had went with these leave ins because I had started off thinking I’d roller set but after applying to one section I changed my mind, so of course I had to apply to my whole head. After detangling, I applied a little Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide heat protectant and blow dried my hair on cool. I don’t use a brush, comb, or comb attachment when blowing out my hair; just my hands and the nozzle on the blow drier. Here is the link to the video on how I blow dry.
|Left: my hair after blowing it out.
Center: Just finished flat ironing the back half
Right: finished, before taking off 1/2 an inch.
I’m extremely pleased with my hair y’all! Even did a dance when I was done after I looked in the mirror haha. I’m an inch away from MBL *busts out in the electric slide* but importantly, my hair is the healthiest it’s ever been and is slowing thickening up due to texlaxing. *Whoooooooooooooo* 🙂
|Center: after 1/2 inch trim. Line 8 is MBL, so close!
Right: Damp hair, just finished detangling
I recorded myself blow drying, flat ironing, and trimming. I’ll edit those videos and have them posted *hopefully* by tomorrow. I’ve recorded how I moisturize my new growth during the week, so I have that to post as well.
Thanks for reading! Happy hair growing!