I was organizing my hair stash last night and came across bottles of oils that I rarely used. The idea popped into my head to use them up by doing hot oil treatments. When I first began my hair journey, I used to do hot oil treatments on and off, mainly when I would remember to, but I’m going to commit to bi-weekly hot oil treatments before I wash my hair. I’m looking forward to the positive impact hot oil treatments will have on hair as I work towards my mid year goal of BSL.
Here are some quick benefits of hot oil treatments:
- If you have dry brittle hair, hot oil treatments will saturate the hair and repair breakages and coat the hir shaft to moisturize and nourish the hair.
- Moisturize the scalp and reduce dandruff and with continuous use, eliminate the problem.
- Scalp massages with hot oil stimulate blood flow to the scalp for a healthier scalp and hair growth.
- Using tea tree oil for its antiseptic properties: fights scalp issues that are caused by bacteria and fungi. Controls dandruff and regulates oiliness/dryness of the scalp.
- Strengthens the hair and prevents brittle hair and split ends by saturating the hair
- Place one my oils in a small plastic bottle with nozzle.
- Place the bottle in a bowl of hot warm for 10 minutes.
- Section my hair into 4 sections and apply the oil to my scalp first in 1 inch sections.
- Massage my scalp well to ensure the oil is evenly distributed.
- Apply the remaining oil to the length of my hair in sections, making sure each section is saturated as well.
- Cover with plastic cap and cover with my heating cap for 30 minutes.