I found an old folder I had created titled “Hair Journal” – completely forgot I had ever created or added anything to it. I found the info below in a document. I really wish I could provide the source, as this wasn’t written by me and would rather give credit where credit is due but it wasn’t written down in the document. *If this looks familiar, list in the source in the comments please!
If you’re interested in trying Porosity Control or currently use it and need some new ways to use it, read on!
1. If the hair overly dry and suffering from brittleness regardless of how much moisture is put into the hair.
2. Right before a chemical service so that the hair can readily and evenly accept the chemical service.
Why: Porosity Control Conditioner is great! Hair in its healthiest state is at a pH level of 4.5-5.5 which is acidic, therefore holding a positive charge. Damaged hair tends to be more alkaline (about 7 on the pH scale) as a result from coloring, perms, bleaches, relaxers, thermal tools, therefore holding a negative charge. Hair in this state tends to look more dull, dry, cuticles are raised, tangles occur, and the cortex is exposed causing more damage. The proper pH level can be obtained by using Porosity Control Conditioner to acidify the hair since its a low pH product. This acidic conditioner helps to compact the hair cuticles having them lay flat and constricted. When the cuticles are closed and laying flat, light is able to reflect off of your hair (giving it shine) rather than absorb it (dry/dull looking). The hair will then become positively charged allowing you to manage your hair better and have it feel & look healthier than before.
1. Apply to the hair before a chemical service to prevent chemical shock to ensure predictable results. This also helps prevent overlapping of the relaxer.
2. Apply after a chemical service when additional conditioning is required. Leave on for 30 seconds, rinse out.
3. Apply to the hair in sections while detangling the hair with a wide tooth comb. This is great before shampooing. Let it sit for 5-10mins after the detangling process, then rinse out.
4. Apply after shampooing. Let it sit for 2-5mins. Rinse and follow up with a deep conditioner for better conditioning results (more moisture, shine and elasticity).
5. Put 2-3tsp of the conditioner in your deep conditioner for added slip, cortex protection, impart shine, and align the bonding of the cuticles.
6. Use as a final rinse for detangling, and smoothness, leave on for 2-5 mins, then rinse out.